Ovarian Cancer Community
fistula

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

fistula

yes i have had a fistula heal on its own i had ovarian cancer last year stage 3 and also had a reversal and its been 1 yr and 1 month of NED till october came around and had a  ca125 done so my number went from 9 to 181 so now im back on a new chemo called Gemzar and Carbo thining of the hair and it does make u sick as a freakin dog till it gets in your system and your body gets used to it my fistula opened up from this chemo in Oct and the doctor was really shocked to see it opened up. But yes my fisula healed on its own and for the 2nd time now till i am done with chemo in March then it will start to heal again for good.
Lynnie 49
1 Comment
Hey there.  It appears you are one tough lady; it's not fair you have to be.
As if cancer isn't enough; you get to deal with a fistula.
I hope your chemo isn't too tough on your body and you get the results we all fight for.
It's imperative you work closely with your onc team to care for your battered body.  Fistulas (besides being terribly painful) can be dangerous.  
Ill be thinking about you, Lynn.
Peace.
dian