Ovarian Cancer Community
fluid around stomach and liver???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

fluid around stomach and liver???

Hi, can anyone explain what fluid around the stomach and liver means? How does one treat this? Is this a bad sign? Is it a sign that it's reached the end? My mother was diagnosed 2 years ago with stage IIIC. Her CA125 has gone up from 80 to 4000 in 3 months. I'm quite worried. We are still waiting to see what the doctors think she should do for treatment. (hopefully tomorrow latest!) She is due to come spend Easter with my kids and myself and will have to take a long flight over. She's in pain around the liver area. But she really wants to come and doesn't care. She feels it's important to come over. I'm worried though. Her chemo could be 6 months every day. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you Dian for your support too.
1 Comment
Fluid accumulation is common. It does not mean the end per say, but they will have to drain the fluid.