Ovarian Cancer Community
fluid in the stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

fluid in the stomach

my mother-in-law has severe fluid on her stomach, and the doctors can not find the cause of it, this fluid is more than just the fluid you can get from the cancer. Its about 20# of fluid weekly. I was just curious if anybody else has had a similiar exerpeince that might help us figure this out, she also has swollen legs, blood clots, and fluid in her lungs. Any information would be greatly appreicated.  thank you so much
Does your mother have Ovarian Cancer?  Have they drained and tested the fluid?
thanks for responding. Yes she does have ovarian cancer. They have drained it several time. But im not sure about if they have tested it. they are kind of lost and not doing anything about it. they put a yube in her stomach so she can drain it herself if needed, and said they arent going to worry about it now, and will try to figure it out when her chemo done, but thats 4 more months atleast.
The doctors are probably hoping that the chemo will take care of the problem.  Meanwhile, I gather that it's common to drain the flluids when needed.  

Good luck to your MIL and the rest of the family.  So sorry you're on this journey.