Ovarian Cancer Community
growth of left ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

growth of left ovary

I had an ultra sound done 2years ago left ovary was 5.5mls in volume, had another u/sound done last month, my right ovary was 2.6ml and my left was a huge 19.4ml in volume,my Dr. has said he wants another u/sound done in Dec. but I'm not too sure if I want to wait that long.  I am 40 years old and there is a history of ovarian cysts in my family.  My periods have been quite irregular over the past few years, my Dr. seemed to think I was going throu early menopause but my hormone levels were all normal.  I have become quite bloated and suffer from frequent diarrhoea.  Can anyone give me some advice as I am quite concerned.
I feel sure that waiting to rpeat it will be your only option at this point. You  have to prove to the medical world that the cyst is not "transient" amd remains there.  Been there, done that.
hi I do not want to worry you but a growing ovray means truouble. cyts or cancerous. I have ovarian caner and my right ovary is three times bigger than my left one. I get irregular bleeding and bleed lightly for one month striaight and that was not normal for me. even though I have ovca my ca125 levels are 15 and normal according to range levels. so that shows that everyone is different. My ultrasound when it showed my larger ovary did not show any cyts at all. what started out as hetrogenious turned into cancer. but if it is that big wow you need a laporoscopy now. and I mean now. OVCA is hard to diagnose until it is too late.