hair falling out
Just a quick question...my hair is falling out in clumps...my doctor says it is from the surgeries and some say hormones since I am on estrogen patch and some say anesthesia. Does anyone know about this and will it subside?
I am not sure but I do know of many women who experienced hair loss after pregnancy...also in clumps...so the hormone part makes sense to me. It must be a bit tramatizing though. Hang in there!! Be well. Lori
Me again!!!!  My hair fell out in clumps too after my surgeries....I think it was from the anstesia (sp?)....took a while but it came back in....came in grey, but it grew in just the same.
thanks..I am hoping it stops soon and I am wondering if their are any vitamins that I could possibly take .
Yes, maybe it could have been the anesthesia NYClady says. I never thought of that. My hair has never been the same.

You've been though a lot gma. Take a multiple so you are not deficient in anything. Sublingual B12 helped me a lot also. I was also told at the hospital to take CoQ10. The hospital nutritionist had me on a B12 throat spray. Now I do sublingual.
Hello... stress will cause hair to fall out too, so if you are stressing about your condition, that won't help. I have a friend who lost hair through stress, but she is fine now. Wishing you all the best....Helen...