Ovarian Cancer Community
hair falling out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hair falling out

Just a quick question...my hair is falling out in clumps...my doctor says it is from the surgeries and some say hormones since I am on estrogen patch and some say anesthesia. Does anyone know about this and will it subside?
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
178345_tn?1242539846
thanks..I am hoping it stops soon and I am wondering if their are any vitamins that I could possibly take .
Blank
155056_tn?1333642288
Me again!!!!  My hair fell out in clumps too after my surgeries....I think it was from the anstesia (anesthesia) (sp?)....took a while but it came back in....came in grey, but it grew in just the same.
Blank
I am not sure but I do know of many women who experienced hair loss after pregnancy...also in clumps...so the hormone part makes sense to me. It must be a bit tramatizing though. Hang in there!! Be well. Lori
Blank
Yes, maybe it could have been the anesthesia NYClady says. I never thought of that. My hair has never been the same.

You've been though a lot gma. Take a multiple so you are not deficient in anything. Sublingual B12 helped me a lot also. I was also told at the hospital to take CoQ10. The hospital nutritionist had me on a B12 throat spray. Now I do sublingual.
Blank
Hello... stress will cause hair to fall out too, so if you are stressing about your condition, that won't help. I have a friend who lost hair through stress, but she is fine now. Wishing you all the best....Helen...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank