Ovarian Cancer Community
hair falling out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

hair falling out

Just a quick question...my hair is falling out in clumps...my doctor says it is from the surgeries and some say hormones since I am on estrogen patch and some say anesthesia. Does anyone know about this and will it subside?
thanks..I am hoping it stops soon and I am wondering if their are any vitamins that I could possibly take .
Me again!!!!  My hair fell out in clumps too after my surgeries....I think it was from the anstesia (anesthesia) (sp?)....took a while but it came back in....came in grey, but it grew in just the same.
I am not sure but I do know of many women who experienced hair loss after pregnancy...also in clumps...so the hormone part makes sense to me. It must be a bit tramatizing though. Hang in there!! Be well. Lori
Avatar n tn
Yes, maybe it could have been the anesthesia NYClady says. I never thought of that. My hair has never been the same.

You've been though a lot gma. Take a multiple so you are not deficient in anything. Sublingual B12 helped me a lot also. I was also told at the hospital to take CoQ10. The hospital nutritionist had me on a B12 throat spray. Now I do sublingual.
Hello... stress will cause hair to fall out too, so if you are stressing about your condition, that won't help. I have a friend who lost hair through stress, but she is fine now. Wishing you all the best....Helen...