Ovarian Cancer Community
has anyone ever heard of a complex cyst growing almost a cm in 5 days?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi I have posted many times in the last few days but I have yet to get some if any info..unfortunately alot of people dont respond.....

i had a ultrasound on 07/07/05 and this is what they found
complex left ovarian cyst
3.2 x 2.5 cm
with thick walls
increased peripheral(blood flow)flow
internal septations

last night i went to the er again thinking it had burst this is what the new ultrasound showed...

3.3 x 3.2 left complex ovarian cyst
internal ecology
increased peripheral flow
the dr said this is not a hemmorigic or what ever that means
not a endometrioma, not a dernmoid....

it grew .8 cm ,,not alot of growth obviously but damn in five days it grew,,oh and also my left ovary is enlarged not a lot about 1.5 x's the norm
My endometrioma grew at a fast pace.  It went from being just barely bigger than a golfball to the size of a grapefruit in less than three weeks.  It was described as a complex cyst with solild components, which means it had septations within it as well.  However, my doctor believed that it would be found to be an endometrioma or a dermoid, and she was right - it was a benign endometrioma.  A surgical nurse with whom I talked prior to my surgery said she believed, from her experience, that cysts which are growing extremely fast are usually not malignant.  In my case, she was right.
I have also heard that the fast growing cysts or tumors are usually always benign.  Which is a huge relief to me-since mine grew over a whole cm in just 2 weeks!  Be sure to get it taken out!! Complex cysts-while usually benign-can grow fast and cause alot of pain-and they will not get smaller or go away on thier own.  Best of luck!
thanks for the info i really do appreciate it....