Ovarian Cancer Community
help and advice about stage 4 overian cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

hi my wife had a overian cancer removed from her overy,and went threw chemo,2 mths later she had a ct scan that found a mass near or next to her ayortic blood vessel thingy(the main blood vessel)now the dr said its inopperable and that shes got stage 4 cancer now.now my question is and i know its hard to answer due to each person being different,taking into account my wife has noonan's sysndrone,and her mother died of the same cancer at the age my wife is now,is there any way of knowing the % chance of it being destroyed bye the chemo and radioation treatment shes going to get,does my wife have any chance as due to her syndrone her bodys very small,and not good/unfinished.im just really lost and need some help with this,shes only 32 and 39kg right now,and is there anything i can do/buy/feed her,and before the chemo and radioation starts what can i do also,meaning is it a good idea for her to eat as much as possible with daily vit to make her bigger fast,the mass is around her stomic area and is the size of an orange or bigger right now too if that helps,sorry if im asking too much or unanswerable questions,im just a very worried husband and father wanting to do anything and everything i can for my wife,thank you so much for any advice you can help me with,i'll respond to any questions if that helps answer my questions.
There are chemos that can shrink the tumor and give your wife a quality of life.  Is there a cure, no one knows and everyone does react differently.  Your wife may have many years if they find a chemo that can control her cancer.

Best of luck to you both and keep us updated.  
oh didnt know that,thank you so much i just thought chemo was a 1 time thing if it worked or didnt so thank you,thats takin alot off my shoulders now,praying one works well for her,we are going to the dr's tomorrow to get all appointments for getting the ball rolling for the treatments