Ovarian Cancer Community
how long is recovery time for liver, ovary cyst and gallstones surgery!...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how long is recovery time for liver, ovary cyst and gallstones surgery!!!

i just received my results from my ct scan and was told i have a 5.5 cm cyst on my left ovary and 2.2cm on my liver and to include i have gallstones as well. went to dr for intestinal problems but didnt expect all of this!!!! and to mention a lipoma tissue on my left shoulder to be removed. im currently working and just been on my job for three months. i have a desk job and would like to know how long will this surgery take and what would be the recovery time. i have an appointment on next week to c surgeon and to dicuss the plans of my surgerg but i still am shock and would like to know if an second opinion is needed. and should i be concerned if the doctor is not gyn doctor rTher than an internal medicine doctor...
1 Comment
Blank
HI,
It is best to get yourself evaluated by a gynaecologist for the ovarian cyst which is not very large in size. Also a general surgeon will be able to diagnose the liver and gall stones problem and the lipoma issue better. Recovery time should be 8 days with an open surgery and significantly less (1 to 2 days) with laparoscopic surgery.
Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
19 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank