how long is recovery time for liver, ovary cyst and gallstones surgery!!!
i just received my results from my ct scan and was told i have a 5.5 cm cyst on my left ovary and 2.2cm on my liver and to include i have gallstones as well. went to dr for intestinal problems but didnt expect all of this!!!! and to mention a lipoma tissue on my left shoulder to be removed. im currently working and just been on my job for three months. i have a desk job and would like to know how long will this surgery take and what would be the recovery time. i have an appointment on next week to c surgeon and to dicuss the plans of my surgerg but i still am shock and would like to know if an second opinion is needed. and should i be concerned if the doctor is not gyn doctor rTher than an internal medicine doctor...
HI,
It is best to get yourself evaluated by a gynaecologist for the ovarian cyst which is not very large in size. Also a general surgeon will be able to diagnose the liver and gall stones problem and the lipoma issue better. Recovery time should be 8 days with an open surgery and significantly less (1 to 2 days) with laparoscopic surgery.
Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.