Ovarian Cancer Community
hypoechoic mass along left uterus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypoechoic mass along left uterus

I'm 44 and have been having continuous bleeding since July 31 07. My doctor recommended an ultrasound which I just got the results from. The transvaginal showed  a focal hypoechchoic mass along the left uterine body about 1.3 cm in demension which suggests diffuse myomatous involvement with a small focal fibroid. Also diffuse abnormality of the central endometrial echo complex demonstrating heterogeneity with small cystic components.
Is this something that would point toward a recommendation for a hysterctomy? I am scheduled for a biopsy so I know there is concern.
Thank you.
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
What are they going to biopsy.....how are they going to biopsy, and who is doing the biopsy?  What are they thinking is going on.....if there is a chance it is malignant is this a wise thing to do?  Have you spoken to a gyn/oncologist or is this comming from a gyn or gp?  YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.....I wouldn't let anyone tough me until I had a referral to a gyn/oncologist......not because it is cancer but because this type issue is their specialty.  
Peace.
dian
Blank
The biopsy is being done by a gyn/oncologist.  I'm just scared and uninformed and you're right. I don't want to fool around and not get it right the first time.
Blank
Your exam results and symptoms sound more suspicious for endometrial cancer rather than ovarian.    I had an endometrial biopsy prior to my surgery to remove ovarian cancer.  It was a quick procedure and little more painful than a pap smear but similar.  To answer your questions, I think if the biopsy comes back as malignant they will want to do a hysterectomy.  Endometrial cancer has a good cure rate especially when caught at early stages.  It is really good you have a gyn/onc.  He/she will lead you in the right direction.   I hope everything goes well.
Blank
Thank you. I hope you're right. That is the most positive comment anyone has had for me, including, family or friends. I hope to come back in a week or two with good results. I'll keep the site up to date if I can.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank