Ovarian Cancer Community
hypoechoic mass along left uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

hypoechoic mass along left uterus

I'm 44 and have been having continuous bleeding since July 31 07. My doctor recommended an ultrasound which I just got the results from. The transvaginal showed  a focal hypoechchoic mass along the left uterine body about 1.3 cm in demension which suggests diffuse myomatous involvement with a small focal fibroid. Also diffuse abnormality of the central endometrial echo complex demonstrating heterogeneity with small cystic components.
Is this something that would point toward a recommendation for a hysterctomy? I am scheduled for a biopsy so I know there is concern.
Thank you.
What are they going to biopsy.....how are they going to biopsy, and who is doing the biopsy?  What are they thinking is going on.....if there is a chance it is malignant is this a wise thing to do?  Have you spoken to a gyn/oncologist or is this comming from a gyn or gp?  YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.....I wouldn't let anyone tough me until I had a referral to a gyn/oncologist......not because it is cancer but because this type issue is their specialty.  
Peace.
dian
The biopsy is being done by a gyn/oncologist.  I'm just scared and uninformed and you're right. I don't want to fool around and not get it right the first time.
Your exam results and symptoms sound more suspicious for endometrial cancer rather than ovarian.    I had an endometrial biopsy prior to my surgery to remove ovarian cancer.  It was a quick procedure and little more painful than a pap smear but similar.  To answer your questions, I think if the biopsy comes back as malignant they will want to do a hysterectomy.  Endometrial cancer has a good cure rate especially when caught at early stages.  It is really good you have a gyn/onc.  He/she will lead you in the right direction.   I hope everything goes well.
Thank you. I hope you're right. That is the most positive comment anyone has had for me, including, family or friends. I hope to come back in a week or two with good results. I'll keep the site up to date if I can.