Ovarian Cancer Community
hystirectomoy a good possibility?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

hystirectomoy a good possibility?

my question folr you is that they are going to do both colposcopy and cone procedure? if they results come back possitive, is having a hysterectomy a possibility? i am 45, premenapusaul and extremly moody. i just want to be happy and healthy for my 12 yr old daughter. and could you let me know when and at what age should i start getting my daughter checked? thank you
1 Comment
Hi there,
I think the procedures you are describing are for cervical cancer.  You should ask for a consult with a gynecologic oncologist if you need surgery.  If you have cancer, then a hysterectomy is often performed.  

You should post on the cancer forum of this site or go to hystersisters.  You will find more people with cervical cancer concerns.  Ovarian cancer isn't related.  When cervical cancer spreads to the ovaries it is still cervical cancer and vice versa.  As always, your daughter should be checked if she is sexually active (which hopefully she is not at 12!).  But, they are offerring a new vaccine for HPV called Gardisil and you could ask her doctor about it.  Best wishes to you.