Ovarian Cancer Community
i need some answers please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

i need some answers please

Hi i am 21 years old and last friday i went to my family doctor with my rigt side in unbearable pain. took my white blood count sent me to the hosptial b/c they where high though it was my appendixs. get there ran test end up having 2 ovarian cyst. is it normal to have 2? the one on the right was bigger than the other one. they sent me home the next day its now wednesday and i am still in unberable pain. i went to the doctor about 6 months ago and i had the same problem not so much pain but enough for me to go to the doctor, ovarian cancer runs in my family should i be worried is there anything i can do to make the pain go away please help
Not to scare you, but since ovarian cancer runs in your family, you should get yourself to a onc/gyn.  These are experts dealing with female reproductive issues.  You should probably have a transvaginal ultrasound (best to view the ovaries) a bimanual exam (best to feel the ovaries) and a CA-125 (not the most reliable kind of test but it's the best we have).  Better safe than sorry.  Be aggressive with your health.
Is is possible that you are pregnant?  Your symptoms read much like those of an ectopic pregnancy.  If you are experiencing incapacitating pain then you should be at the hospital, and stay there until they determine the cause.
i was at the hoptail i spent the night there friday night and all they said was i had 2 cyst.
went to see my obgyn today found out that my cyst are normal. while i was there i had Dehydration and a temp. still don't know what is causing the pain on the right side. 4 years ago i went to the obgyn for endometrieosis and didt't do anything about it now its in a bigger stage
get to your gyn and do not let off until you get the right results. Some years ago I waited before going to the doctor knowing something was not right,turned out that because I waited so long I ended up with cervical cancer. I had surgery and then had to undergo intence radiation treatments that burned my bowels.I then had to have a bowel resection and two years later the cancer came back in my uterus. I had surgery once again and was very blessed not to have to have my bladder taken out as the doctors had to inform me that if the cancer penatrated into the bladder it would have to be removed. I would have had to have a nice little bag on the outside of me to drain my urine. God was good to me and I want every women to know that early detection is the best treatment and that means we must care for ourselves and get to the doctors on time. Don't play with your life, you are much too important to those who know  and love you. You have a God given purpose in life, fulfill it and enjoy it. By the way..it has been over 15 years now and I am doing very well and make sure to get to the doctors when I am suppose to and if I ever have any questions about what is going on with my health, I run to the doctor and don't quit searcing for answers until I am satisfied. God bless you and get second opinions and don't ever be afraid to ask many questions.
God bless you.
I don't know if you realized it but you tagged onto a post from 2005.

It's great to see that you're so pro active with your health issues, that's something we keep stressing, keep questioning, and searching for the right answers to our own health problems.
I wish I had done that for the 6 months I complained of symptoms to my internist, and was dismissed. I've learned so much with my unfortunate OVCA diagnosis and will never again be put off.
Good luck to you for continued good health.
Jane