Ovarian Cancer Community
increasing pelvic and leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

increasing pelvic and leg pain

I was diagnosed with a 10cm cystic and solid ovarian mass  Sept. 15 I had originally gone to my gynacologist because of spotting between periods for a couple of months.  This has not  happened for a few weeks now but I have many new symptoms beginning.  
since my diagnosis I have had pelvic cramping, back and leg pain,nausea and gassy.  Also a lot of discomfort from the lower pelvis swelling.I have had an t/v ultrasound ct scan and the ca125 test I will get all the results this friday,, I am very concerned this could be a malignant tumor.  Has anyone else had such sudden onset of symptoms with a large mass and have it be benign?

I too was found to have a 10cm cyst on left ovary and get very gassy and now lots of nausea. I was diagnosed last week and am awaiting to see gynocologist with a view to removing both ovaries(i am 47 and my mum died at 52 with ovarian cancer),i also find bowel movements make the pain worse. I find i can only sleep on my right side and standing makes my groin ache. I wonder if the sickness(i also have no appitite)is perhaps nerves.I have a smaller cyst on the right ovary which is now begining to niggle. Sitting is painfull especially upright.It is known that ovarian cancer does not usually cause pain and i have been told that may be mine is twisted,as this can cause relly bad pain.Hope this helps.ps my daughter had a 14cm cyst on her ovary and it was benign(p.c.o.s).
Thanks for your reply.  I am 46 yrs and have never had any    major health issues. This really has me concerned.I hope everything turns out good with your cyst.
hope your is ok as well. If you want you can e-mail me direct at ***@**** i am from the uk.
I have read some of the forums, which sound very similiar to my symptoms of ovarian cancer. After a CT and ultrasound in SEptember, the xrays showed possible ovarian neoplasm, my GYN referred me to a GYN/Oncologist. Because my CA125 was normal, my condition did not warrant treatment at the cancer center and referred me back to my GYN. SHe has been on vacation and surgery has not yet been scheduled. My  leg pain and back pain have kept me in bed for over a week. My  appetite is gone; I am vomiting bile (even though my gallbladder was removed 3 yrs ago).  From my research, 20% of women with Stage 1 ovarian cancer, have normal CA125 test. I have had a history of continued problems for two decades and now I will be having a hysterectomy.  In the meantime, I am in agony, am tired of pain pills, my belly is the size of a basketball with no relief in sight. REgardless if this tumor is malignant or not, I am in agony and am tired of waiting on my surgery date. Just needed to vent.
I am 51 years old and get regular periods. I too have been suffering with severe pain. This past summer is was so severe I gave in and had an MRI. The Mri was for the Lumbar but in the findings it disclosed a right 9.3cm septated thin walled ovarian cyst and an enlarged utuerus 14. cm and two intramural fiborids. I had a trans vaginal ultra sound and an abdominal ultra sound done. I also had a CA-125 and it was 30. I have known about the fibroids for 24 years now and it has caused severe back pain. I now live on pain meds. The pain is in my right groin, right hip and right thigh muscle. It is as if my entire right side is effected. I have chronic consitpation, no appetite, lost weight and no energy. I have normal paps and mammo's. I am scehduled for a total hysterectomy with removal of EVERYTHING next week with a gyn/onc. I sure hope this relieves the pain and my life gets back to some normalcy and there is no cancer. Has anyone experienced similar problems.