Ovarian Cancer Community
irregular mass, fibroid, cyst, cancer, PID?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am 34 years old, married, same sex partner for 7 years, no pregnancies, and no history of reproductive health issues. I have a growth in my lower abdomen that I first noticed in June 07 when I was laying down and needed to urinate, but after urinating disappeared. I later realized that the growth was still there, but had receded back into my abdomen, and it only pushed forward if I am lying down. The growth is about the size of a lemon. I have been to the doctor and am awaiting an ultrasound next week. In the meantime I am so worried about what this could be. I had a pelvic exam in Oct. 07 and nothing was found then. My doctor says that the shape of the mass feels irregular, which has me very worried. There are also extra white blood cells present on my cervix, she says these are not related. I have been having burning, mild pain present for a while, and abdominal bloating. My periods are regular, bleeding is slightly heavier than usual. When I first noticed the mass it seemed to be vertically positioned and was located just to the right and below my naval. I have noticed though that the position moves around, to lower and even to the left of my naval at times. The doctor said that she could not tell if the mass was related to my ovary or uterus, that it seemed right between them. She put me on doxycycline to treat what she believes to be a bacterial infection to get a clear pap, but I noticed the night that I started taking them that my abdomen lost the puffiness that had been present and there was no pain present for the first time in a long time. I wondered if this might indicate something like PID?
I am so worried and any information would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to have fibroids with an irregular shape? Does an irregular shape necessarily mean cancer? Also, how can you define fast or slow growing cysts? If it was not detected in Oct, but showed up pretty large in June, is 6 months for about the size of a lime a fast growing cyst?
1 Comment
My son at the age of two had a hernia there in that area under the belly on one side... have you asked your doctor about the possibility of it being a hernia?  If that is all it is, it is a very simple surgery.. ill be praying for you!