its so unpredicatable
Ovarian cancer is SO unpredictable, Doxil was good for a year even though my CA125 was steadily rising, then it was on to Gemzar (aweful side effects) and my CA125 sky rocketed to 4000 (scary) during the 4 treatments. So I decided to go back to basic taxol, within 3 treatments my marker went from over 4000 to 197. The most tolerable regimen by far and the most effective. I havent seen under 200 in over a year. Its like a roller coaster, when your on the way down its the most satisfying. So I guess I can save some of the newer combo options for down the road and see how long taxol keeps working. every 10 days is not fun but it helps when you get results. THE MESSAGE I GUESS IS NOT TO GET DISCOURAGED WHEN YOUR MARKERS SKY ROCKET - just keep on looking for the drug that will work for you. Everyones OC is different
i printed out a response you had a while back about the combinations you believe are most effective. I thought that was a excellent way of looking at this disease.  I am approved for Abraxane but will hold off on that for now - ditto for avastin and have discussed femera with my oncologist also. there seems to be many options out there and hopefully that list will grow. your post was one of the best ones i have read
Dear Ehr:

I am glad that Taxol is working for you, making you Platinum-sensitive.That gives you a lot of options: Taxotere, Carboplatin, Cisplatin, Oxaliplatin, and so on. The key to this kind of disease is to stay afloat as more and more drugs/treatments are being discovered to finally find a cure. I pray that Taxol will give you another long remission and please pray for my wife.

Jatoo