Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
laparoscopic surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

laparoscopic surgery
I had laparoscopic surgery on thursday because of a cyst on my left ovary.  My OBGYN also cut down alot of lessions from my hysterectomy 5 years ago.  I understand that he sent the cyst to pathology, when should I find out if it is ovarian cancer or not?  What can I do about the swelling in my stomach? It is not from the gas it is from being cut into!
Dear Lisa,
it usually takes a week to get the pathology report back.
with laparoscopy, carbon dioxide gas is put in the abdomen to distend the abdomen. It takes about two weeks to stop feeling bloated
take care
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker