Ovarian Cancer Community
large ovarian mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

large ovarian mass

Just last week they found a mass that measures 17*16*15 cm which I'm told is very large in my left ovary and on kidneys is there any way to cut other then competely opening me up
At that size, no. I had a 10cm cyst that they managed to drain and pull out laparoscopically but it was difficult. They told me if they had any trouble at all, they would open me up and clean things up. Yours is a "mass" which I assume has some solid components to it, not amenable to being drained. And being attached the to the kidney means they need to get in there and tease it gently away to avoid damage. Your safety is their number one concern. I do hope all goes well.
I'm 36 was just hoping for the least invassion of my body
I've had various surgeries throughout my life so I wasn't so bothered by it. Plus I was about 56 when I have my ovary, tube and cyst removed. Not really worried about wearing a bikini.  LOL The important thing is to find out what the mass is and get it out of there. I would guess that it's making you feel bloated and uncomfortable. Here's hoping that it's nothing serious and they can just clear it out and you'll be free of that mystery mass.
the mass is beign
That's encouraging. Then the main reason to have the surgery is to remove it before it infiltrates too many areas. As it is now, it sounds like it will be a bit tricky to remove. If it keeps growing and adhering to things, it will be even more of a risk to you.