Ovarian Cancer Community
left ovarian mass with no fluid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left ovarian mass with no fluid

have had 3 ultrasounds that show ovarian mass on left side . endometrial stripe is dense and measures 1.61 cm in thickness. no evidence of any fibroids. right ovary measures 3.75 x 2.82 cm. the uterus measures 6.9 x 5.1 cm in size. the left ovary measures 2.95 x 4.83 in size. there is no free fluid.  IMPRESSION: DENSE THICKENED ENDOMETRIAL STRIPE WHICH MEASURES 1.61 CM. THERE IS MINIMAL AMOUNT OF FLUID WITHIN IT. ALTHOUGH THIS COULD BE DEPENDENT UPON THE MENSTRUAL PHASE. 1.6 CM IS ABNORMAL AND CAUSES CAN RANGE FROM ENDOMETRITIS TO MANY OTHER CONDITIONS. THE LEFT OVARY IS LARGER THAN THE RIGHT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. THERE IS NO FREE FLUID. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS AND WHAT IT COULD BE . ITS BEEN THERE FOR 3 YEARS I DONT HAVE INSURANCE BUT I HAVE CHILDREN AND NEED TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH TO RAISE THEM. I WOULD APPRCIATE ANY HELPFULL COMMENTS OR ANSWERS. THANK YOU