left ovarian mass with no fluid
have had 3 ultrasounds that show ovarian mass on left side . endometrial stripe is dense and measures 1.61 cm in thickness. no evidence of any fibroids. right ovary measures 3.75 x 2.82 cm. the uterus measures 6.9 x 5.1 cm in size. the left ovary measures 2.95 x 4.83 in size. there is no free fluid.  IMPRESSION: DENSE THICKENED ENDOMETRIAL STRIPE WHICH MEASURES 1.61 CM. THERE IS MINIMAL AMOUNT OF FLUID WITHIN IT. ALTHOUGH THIS COULD BE DEPENDENT UPON THE MENSTRUAL PHASE. 1.6 CM IS ABNORMAL AND CAUSES CAN RANGE FROM ENDOMETRITIS TO MANY OTHER CONDITIONS. THE LEFT OVARY IS LARGER THAN THE RIGHT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. THERE IS NO FREE FLUID. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS AND WHAT IT COULD BE . ITS BEEN THERE FOR 3 YEARS I DONT HAVE INSURANCE BUT I HAVE CHILDREN AND NEED TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH TO RAISE THEM. I WOULD APPRCIATE ANY HELPFULL COMMENTS OR ANSWERS. THANK YOU
Were you about to get your period just before this ultrasound? If not and your endometrial stripe is that thick, it's entirely possible you have undiagnosed PCOS and that could also account for the mass in your ovary. I didn't see much detail in your ultrasound about that? What specifically have they said about the characteristics of that mass?

Linda