Ovarian Cancer Community
left quadrant pain, abdominal pain, lower back pain, no diagnosis....pl...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left quadrant pain, abdominal pain, lower back pain, no diagnosis....please help

Hi, my daughter age 19 has been having painon her left quadrant, lower back, and at times down her left leg. She was diagnosed with a burst cyst in Jan 06, at that time she hadn't been sleeping, was in extreme pain and fatigued(she could barely walk). We went to gyn because of continued pain and she had another cyst in mar 06. 4.5cm. had lapro to remove. she still has all the same pain, and occsionnally vomits for a week or so. She bleeds irregularly. And has taken several bcp's to control this. She has seen gyn, gi, neuro, w/ no answers besides see a shrink. (Which we did). She had a colonoscopy three weeks ago and they did not find anything but noted that 53cm in, (left side) she came out of anesthesia from extreme pain and had to be re enesthesized to finish procedure. Still no diagnosis, except maybe she has ibs?? She also runs a low grade fever pretty regularly (99.5). Any suggestions where to go next?? Should I have her films reevaluated?? Thanks
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi must be very worrying for you not having a diagnosis for your daughter.

I have had very similar symptoms to your daughter and I too suffer with cysts.  They are very painful when they burst and not too pleasant when they are growing - so unless you are cyst free life can be pretty unpleasant.

Might be worth asking gyna to take a swab and urine sample if not already done as I was told by the gynae that a urine infection or a womb/internal infection could cause severe abdominal pain, irregular bleeding, nausea etc (unbelievable eh.)  The fact she is intermittently running a temperature would lead me to suspect it could be an infection causing some of the symptoms.

I would definitely go back to the doctor on this.  A diagnosis made without evidence is just a shot in the dark.

Best of luck - your daughter is lucky to have you fighting her corner.

Dawn

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...