Ovarian Cancer Community
left sided pain during menstruation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left sided pain during menstruation

i am 25 yr old women.my periods started when i was 12 years old . after two years , during every menstruation cycle i have a severe one sided pain pain in the left side of my lower abdomen, the lower back and the left leg. the pain starts just after the start of menstruation and it lasts till 12-14 hours. after reading so many articles on net i have started feeling that i might have ovarian cyst or something like that. i am really scared. i m not married yet. does that mean that my ovary do not produce egg.please help me, can anyone  guide me in this regard.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Your pain does sound like like it could be related to an ovarian cyst, but there is no way to know without running tests.  Ovarian cysts are very common and most women get one in their lifetime.   The cyst is not a sign that you are not producing eggs.  They usually don't affect fertility.  You should get in to see your gynecologist who will order some tests.   It is very common to have painful menstruation.   I don't think anything you listed sounds indicative of ovarian cancer.  You should try posting on the Medhelp Ovarian Cysts or Womens Health forums.  Best wishes.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank