Ovarian Cancer Community
liver biopsy during hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

liver biopsy during hysterectomy

hello, anyone have any experience with liver biopsy during hysterectomy? I am scheduled May 3 due to bleeding probs over the years, fibroids causing pain (and bleeding?) CA 125 is 60 (I have posted that part before sorry to repeat) and now it seems that my CT shows a hemangioma of the right lobe of liver and a "cyst" on left lobe. The docs are conferring as to possibly doing a frozen section of liver as well as the uterus, ovary etc.

I'm probably putting this question in the wrong area, but the Hysterectomy section doesn't seem as "active"!
We have noticed in the last few posts that some of us seem to be true Cysters - that is we are developing these benign cysts in other areas besides the ovaries.  We are trying to see if there is some correlation.  It could be that is what is going on in your body!
~Tascha
I, too have cysts in my liver and also in my right kidney. I will be having a hysterectomy on May 16. No one has said anything about addresing the other cysts. All ultra sound and CT reports say they are nothing to worry about - and I have had them for at least 10 years with no problems- unlike my ovarian monsters! Hope everything turns out well for you!
Michelle
Thank you both for your insights!  Don't know if my gyn is just being ultra careful or if there really is anything troubling. I always like to get as much info as possible to be prepared.
good luck on your surgery too!
I favor this site over the hysterectomy site, too, and I am glad you are over here. I am not able to offer help regarding your situation other than to say I can relate to having questions and concerns when my symptoms started that led to my surgery. My hyterectomy was six years ago and I do recall all the feelings I had at the time. I do wish this site had been around then ...although, I just picked up my computer skills four years ago. Oh well. I wish you the best. Take care. Mary
Thanks Ravenlady for the translations! I knew some of the LOL's etc. thanks to my kids, but not the "local" lingo.
Now I can follow along better!!

And thank you  Hudson for your info My gyn seems more concerned about my liver than anything gynecological so he's sending me to a GI guy next week for a consult. I know he wants to be very methodical but my main pain is very low in the  pelvis on the right. Go figure.........this hysterectomy is going to be very interesting I think. (if I go through with it, this week I feel so much better than normal I was pondering the possibility of cancelling it....hmmm...)

okay, will do, but ...uh, what's a "thread"??? I know you are probably laughing your head off on that one, but really I am not up on all the lingo...I'm still trying to figure out what "DH" means..I'm guessing it's something to do with "husbands"? And TAH? RS?....See?? I told you I 'm not up on the lingo here! I'm following along as best I can but I can't find the page that has the Glossary on it! :)
Yes, I can relate. The waiting is so hard. I'm glad that your blood work was good though, that is a real positive. I hope the ultrasound is helpful and your results are good. I had the abdominal and pelvic CT which is how they discovered my liver cysts or whatever they are. ...I think our doctors are being very prudent by having us checked by the GI guys but it's hard not to worry.

I'm thinking good thoughts for you, and me, and all.