Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
liver secondary

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

liver secondary

Hi my aunt has ovarian cancer , my mum died of it as well,  but ih has spread to liver. lungs.  Can you explain pleases why the non-stop burping and what can be done. She has been put on Diazepam 2mg tabs, No treatment for the cancer and prognosis is 4 weeks!! All very sad but watching the burping and stress there is not good. Is there anything and why does it happen. Is it the digestive enzymes being disrupted and therefore nothing can be done. Please help. Many thanks
Hi There
I am sorry to hear about her distress.

One option to ask her medical team about is a palliative care consult. Palliative care doctors and nurse concentrate on managing the difficult symptoms of being very ill.
so for your aunt, her burping could be due to either a partial blockage of her intestine from cancer or from nerve involvement of the nerves that go to her stomach.

There are medications that can help alleviate some of he suffering.
It is really tough to see people suffer from the consequences of advanced cancer.Many oncologists and palliative care clinicians focus on alleviating that suffering
best wishes