Ovarian Cancer Community
massive ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

massive ovarian cyst

This isn't really a question but a thank you to everyone who posts here.  In December I was diagnosed with a massive ovarian cyst and was pretty much scared to death.  I learned more from reading here than I learned from my nurse practitioner.  I lurked around for a solid month reading everything I could find up until my surgery on January 10th.  My cyst, thank goodness was benign but was HUGE... 80 pounds!  I know, I know...ridiculous and I won't even begin to go into how much of a fool I felt for letting it go so long (3-5 years) but just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting because you really, really helped me more than you know.  I have a publicist now who is helping me with selling my story and surgery pictures, so you might see me on your newstand sometime later in the year!
I am so happy your cyst was benign. I too have done a lot of lurking here and found some very good information. I felt very informed and information is power. My cysts were also benign. I owe these wonderful people a big thank you too!!!
Teresa
WOW  being an OB nurse I have seen some big babys, putting your tumor into that perspective,  that is about 8  10 pounders, glad it was benign  for you, hope you are healing up well.