may be mis-diagnosed as ibs
For more than a year i've been having constipation(6-10days) I go before taking something hoping to go on my own.  Started having sever lower back pain(does not go away-somedays worse than others)Doc says just constipation take lax...After many months of compaining sends me to gastro. and he gives me Zelnorm.  Zelnorm gave me diarrhea for couple days than nothing.
Have since been complaining of terrible bloating, pelvic discomfort,gas(flatulence),frequent urination and most recently pain in left kidney. I often get this burning/tugging feeling in my uterine region.  If this pain went away sometimes i could shrug it off as ibs but i am constantly in some discomfort. Lower back pain and right ovarian pain  wake me up most nights and make most chores uncomfortable. My doc just thinks I'm a hypochondriac and shrugs off everything.  She did send me for a back x-ray (neg) and urin for bladder infec.(neg).  I"m 41-3kids and am very worried I'm letting something serious go but am embarrassed to go back and complain yet again.  Just had my physical(pap,weight,breast)Nov. doc said everything looked fine.
These pains have ruined our sex life because of the discomfort.
Please help -- Do my symtoms warrant demanding some kind of tests.thanks for any info.
If you are having pain during intercourse you should be talking to your gyno about it. The problem is that your symptoms could be many things. Tell your gyno how you feel and ask for an ultrasound. A pap smear would not show anything on your ovaries. That is the problem with ovca it does not appear on yearly check ups for us women. Only if the doctor felt something which rarley occurs. I would not go to a doctor that made me feel like that and did not listen to my symptoms and always shrugged my feelings off. Get a new doctor. Good luck.
I would demand a ca125 blood test,and a pelvic ultrasound,keep your doctor or find a new one immediatly!believe me I know first hand,you have to be the director of your own movie,doctors are in too big of a hurry these days so you have to take chg.assoon as possible like tomorrow!god bless you
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.