Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
menopause and chronic pelvic and right flank pain?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

menopause and chronic pelvic and right flank pain?

Hi; two years ago, I started vomiting with severe pain on my left side. I had a 16 cm teratoma, ovary and fallopian tube removed on my right side. A week prior to this surgery, I also had severe pain on my right side. The surgeon checked right side and everything seemed fine. I healed beautifully from teratoma but have had chronic back pain on the right side (to the point that I now have too crawl to the washroom or kitchen .[these bouts last for 7-10 days at a time and are recurring more often]). I am living with chronic right  pelvic pain and a bloated abdomen. I am menopausal, without a period since January 2005 and have mild to moderate hot flushes. I have gained weight and do not have the energy to exercise the excess pounds away. Three years ago I was a size 8, now ballooned to a size 16. I do work every day but now, have  to work from home.
Last year I had exploratory surgery and nothing was found. I was told by the doctor that there is nothing wrong with me and that I was wasting his time. I have never gone back and told my family that I better be in a body bag before I ever see a doctor again!!!  I would like to be proactive and care for myself. What can I do for pain management? Extra strength tylenol offers no relief and I hate taking drugs. Does meditation work?
What are the odds that this is something quite manageable and something I can manage on my own? My right ovary is  barely visable because of my age and menopause but could I still have a problem with that ovary? I am so frustrated because I know my body and this is not normal!