Ovarian Cancer Community
moderate displaysia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

moderate displaysia

I was told i had moderate displaysia after a pap smear. they had me come in and they did a biopsy. It came back saying that I had moderate displaysia. They done laser surgery and removed the pre-cancerous cells. 3 months later went in for another pap and it came back the same. The ob doctor looked at it with some kind of scope and said it measured a larger area than the first time. He had a cancer specialist come in and look at it. The specialist said he wanted me to wait 6 months to see if it would take care of itself. It had been close to a year after that I went to a different ob doctor and he got the same results to a pap smear. He suggested that I follow up with a cancer specialist at a hospital over two hours away. He was not equiped to look at it closely himself. I have not followed up yet due to another problem going on in my life. The cancer specialist that I saw almost 2 years ago said it would probably take over 2 years for it to actually turn to cancer. Is this true . Please tell me some facts on this. I have had a complete hysterectomy and the cells are are the vaginal walls. I am scared now and want some info before heading into a doctors office totally blind.
1 Comment
Are they biopsying it? Or just simply looking at it with a colposcope? I had dysplasia a little more than 10 years ago and had it frozen-there was no watching and seeing what it was going to do . It was CIN II-III-severe dysplasia and put  to me bluntly that it was as close as you get to cervical cancer without it being cancer.  I have had no issue with it since.  I also have a very good friend that watched her dysplasia change to cancer diagnosis within 6 months.  She had hers frozen and is going on her year completely clean and plans on tryin for a baby after this appointment.  If you do not get the answer that you need here, try www.hystersisters.com.  It is very informative and there are many women there that have cervical cancer and some dealing with dysplasia as well.  Good luck and I hope I have helped you in some small way.