Ovarian Cancer Community
mood swings, cramps and spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

mood swings, cramps and spotting

Has anyone else experienced this? I had my period a week after they removed a 7cm dermoid and 30% of my right ovary. I had it again last month and it was lighter than usual I went to my post op and told my doctor about it, they said everything was healing nicely and sometimes that happens, but this week I started spotting and have what feel like menstrual cramps albeit a little worse than normal and mood swings where one minute I want to cry and the next I'm fine. I called my Dr.and she says my parts just aren't in synch yet and my hormones are fluxuating, but it's been almost 8 weeks. I know I shouldn't complain too much because many of you have gone through  or are going through so much more than I am, but how long does it take to quote my doctor "to synch up" and get off this roller coaster ride of emotions.  
1 Comment
I know you don't want to hear this but give it more time. You did lose 1/3 of your ovary in surgery and your body will probably adapt. The spotting can be caused by faulty progesterone levels as your body tries to adapt. It will.  If the problem persists for month or if you are in significant pain , get back in touch with your doctor.