Ovarian Cancer Community
mucinous cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

mucinous cyst

hello mam,
i m a 19 year old girl. I wanted to know about the mucinous cysts. before 2 months i got a sergery (surgery) done(of an ovarian cyst) it was 10 inches on the left ovary and had 2 other cysts in d right ovary which were 2 and 3 inches respectively, after the sergery (surgery), my patalogy report stated that i had a malignant mucinous cyst in the right ovary. it was in a capsoule and it was invading the wall but not breeching it. and the right ovarian cysts were benign. the oncologyst suggested me a fallow up as my CT PET scan was normal. he din't insist for chemotherapy. he gave me a fallow up plan for 7 months. but 2 months after the sregery, the ultrasould report stated that i have a right ovatian cyst of 7 cm. mi gynac told me that as it is growing rapidly, it is mucinous antedenoma cyst. i m scared that i will get a malignant cyst again. i have to go for an ultrasound at the end of this month. pl expalin me what is exactly happening in my body and how can i prevent it. pls HELP!
Tags: mucinous, Cyst
1 Comment
I believe you meant to post this to the doctor.  You can get to her through the link to the ovarian expert forum to the right a little ways down on this screen.  I am sorry you are dealing with such a problem at your young age.  I hope they can take care of you and make you well soon. Marie