navelbine
Is it normal to have really bad joint pain with the chemo drug  navelbine? I had my first treatment of navelbine, on Friday and the joint pain started yesterday is this normal?

Bonnie
Dear Bonnie,

If I knew you better I would say of course not as everyone knows that navelbine is generally "well tolerated", but since I don't know you I won't joke around.
Yes, it can cause bone pain.  Did you recieve any shots for red or white blood?  Those can make you have bad bone pain also.  Here is a link to a page at cancercare that has info on your drug.  Good luck to you
Jan
I was on Navelbine along with Gemzar back last fall.  I didn't notice bone pain as much as just general nausea and low red counts and platelets.  Gemzar is no picnic, either, though, so maybe the combination of the two was what made me so sick.  I had to have a couple of blood transfusions and a platelet transfusion while on it.  My doctor and I stopped it in favor of Taxotere in November.  Had an allergic reaction to that, however, so now it's back to Gemzar alone.  

I hope you have good luck with it.  Best wishes.

Gail
I found the Gemzar was the harshest chemo I've had for doing a number on the bloods. Like Gail, I also needed transfusions for red cells and platelets too, and it didn't work that good for me. The Neupogen or Neulasta for the white cells will give terrible bone pain. I had that so bad, it nearly made me cry, and I don't cry too easily. :-)
I hope you will let us know how the Navelbine does for you, and hopefully it will work well. Hugs...Helen...
Thanks for the info.  No I didnt get shots for blood counts. but I have had them before. Been going through this since 94. Joking is always welcome . It makes everything brighter and more enjoyable. lol.