negative biopsies...hysterectomy still being recommended
I am 63.  I recently had an abnormal pap smear.  Subsequent a cone biopsy and uterine scrapings came back negative.  A CT scan showed no masses.  Still my Dr. is recommending a hysterectomy.  He says I definitely  have cancer and a hysterectomy is the only way to make sure we have it.  I am wondering why a hysterectomy is advised based on negative biopsies.  Kaiser is my provider.  Do their surgeons get paid additional for surgeries?

Many years ago I had an abnormal pap smear and when a simple, in-office uterine biopsy came back negative, I was cleared of cancer.  I'm just feeling that since I am post-menapausal, my plumbing is concidered expendable and my insurance coverage is concidered a boat payment.  
Can you get a referral to a GYN/Oncologist????  If in fact you do have cancer, these are the doctors you want operating on you.

I kind of agree, if the tests are coming back negative, than how do you have cancer?
Thank you for your response.  The Dr. recommending the hysterectomy is a GYN/Oncologist.  So he will also be doing the surgery.  It is so hard to know how to advacate for one's self when dealing with medical stuff that is beyond one's comprehension.