normal range Ca-125
My sister got her CA-125 test back but the dr didnt tell the the results, he just said to take them to her appointment with her gyno. what reading is considered to be "normal" her tests had a reading of 15. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
To my understanding anything under 30 is normal, the numbers can be effected by many things other than cancer, infections ect. Art
i just had a bilateral cystectomy for 3 endometriomas.Initially my fertility doctor found the tumor on my vaginal ultrasound and since he wants to make sure about the findings he ordered a Ca 125. I have a result of 187 (normal range is 35 below).It is worrisome but they decided to do surgery to remove the cyst.
According to my gynecologist oncologist he didn't sent that for a frozen section,a test to check if it is cancerous since he is sure that those are endometriomas.I also found out that an elevated Ca 125 is not a single indication for ovarian cancer,any inflammatory processes within your pelvis can cause an elevation. Biopsy and seeking a gyne-onco advise would be the best option.