Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
ovarain mass

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

ovarain mass

These are the readings from my ultrasound done on3/20/08. Total right ovary 4.5 X 2.6 X 2.4. There were 2 masses one measured 1.7 x1.4 x 1.4cm simple in appearence. Sonolucent fuild color doppler flow was increased. Secomd mass was 2.5 X 1.9 X 2.2 cm Heterogenous in appearence with Midly echogenic fuild color doppler flow was increased. Fuid was identified in the cul de sac. I am 41 years old with previous hysterectomy and left total oophorectomy due to leiomyoma. My questions is what are the chances of this being cacncer? I have had some bloating and I feel like I need to go to the bathroom all the time. Can you also explain what the fuild and increase flow mean. Thanks so much.
Hi There,
The chance of something being cancer will be age dependent (the older one is, the higher likelihood of cancer)
and other risk factors (personal history of cancer, family history of cancer)

I would say that if you are uncomfortable, you should have this ovary with the cysts removed. They are most likely benign. A cyst means fluid with a skin around it like a blister. Blood flow means that it is part of the ovary as opposed to being an adhesion with some fluid in it.

take care