Ovarian Cancer Community
ovarian cancer and hip pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

ovarian cancer and hip pain

I have a lot of pain in my pelvic area, my stomach is bloated, my right hip and groin area are always tender or hurting and the pain affects my leg sometimes. I also urinate frequently with times where I have to hold it for any short period of time I feel nauseous.  I was told that i may have ovaran cancer, could it be anything else.  I also have very lengthy and painful periods with moments where I am full I bleed harder and the pain increases.
The best thing for you to do right now is get a propper diagnosis.  Your symptoms could be any number of things.  Usually unfamiliar or change in vaginal bleeding or cramping is enough to get you a gyno appointment.  
My cyst gave me some pretty heavy periods and pain on the right side, which was the side the cyst was on.  But uterine fibroids can also cause consistand pelvic pain, very heavy periods, back pain, cramping that runs down the thighs, and a heavy feeling in your pelvis.
Some of your symptoms could be consistant with tubal pregnancy also.  Even a good dose of influenza can cause the lymph glands in your thighs to be sore, but there are even worse reasons for this too.  That's why you really need to get to a doctor.
They will probably start out with a serum pregnancy test and an abdominal ultra sound.
Let us know how you do.
Nursemommy34
Hi, Jovania said she got stomach bloating too.  You mentioned uterine fibroids could cause those symptoms which I've already had.  I also have a very bloated tummy.  My bloating tummy caused me very miserable life.  One of them is, I can't breath properly because it pushed upward after I eat.  I need help.
Best advice, especially if you are so bloated that you cannot breath, is to get propper care.
Bloating in itself can be caused by many many things.  One type of bloating is called ascytes.  This is usually related to liver problems.
Do you know where your bloating originates from?  Are you getting care?
I had some bloating related to my ovarian cyst.  I still have some edema in my abdoment related to surgery.
As a child I had bloating related to peritonitis. My Dad had ascytes and breathing problems related to Congestive heart failure.
Good luck.
Nursemommy