ovarian cancer

I'm new to all this,but I just wanted to hear other peoples experiences with this kind of cancer or anybody that knows somebody with this type.
    My mom found out last year around this time that she had ppc and they narrowed it down to be from ovarian cancer. She developed fluid around her lung and that's how they found it.
     So she did 3 rounds of chemo had surgery to remove her omentum part of her bowels (she already had a hysterectomy about 6 years ago because they detected cervical cancer) then did 3 more rounds of chemo, the cancer never went away but hers numbers went down to the 60's from 2500. She was chemo free for about 5 months, and now her numbers went up to about 170 so the doctor started her on topotecan last tuesday, he said this is incurable and to look at it as a chronic illness,  and she will need chemo for the rest of her life ex: maybe for 2 months and than off for 3months something like that. I do feel she's in good hands we're from the boston, mass area but I've been reading the statistics and the're not good, she has stage 4 ovarian cancer. I just want some feedback please, on the reality.
     Thank you so much for taking the time to read my concerns.
Each person is so different: how she reacts to chemo, how the cancer reacts to chemo and exactly how aggressive any particular cancer cells are. On the plus side, her oncologist seems to think she's doing pretty well, responding to treatment. He's right that in her case (stage 4) it will be an ongoing battle with chemo on a regular basis.

I have a dear friend that has been doing this for about 11 years now. That sounds discouraging but it isn't. She's still alive and active. She's been traveling around the world, still works part time, is active with friends and family. She has an amazingly positive attitude.  She's a great role model for me, the whiner.  :-)  

All any woman can do is keep moving forward, keep fighting this beast. The fact that your mom's cancer is responding so well to treatment is truly encouraging.