Ovarian Cancer Community
ovarian cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

ovarian cramps

hi about a year or so ago i started getting frequent urination, 4 months ago a also started getting urgent urination, i feel bloated lots even if i have not eaten are drinken anything, it is not all the time but after i eat a small meal i look pregnant i have had way more flatulence feels like air moving threw my pelvic i used to only get cramping pains off and on in my left ovary but now it's in my right, i can feel pressure when i sit down i frequent urgent urination all the time for the past 4 months but it seems to be worst when I'm bloated i have had an ultrasound a year ago, normal, blood work red and white blood count,thyroid,prolactin,urine test normal bladder sensitivity test normal i am 23 and think ovarian cancer is very unlikely espessaly with my age but could you give me some advice i have a Dr appointment at the end of the week
i also forgot to mention that i also get a deep sharp pain during intercourse with my husband, once a few weeks ago the pain was different and lingered after intercourse it was painful and sore to even sit down felt really swollen that's what got me to go get it checked out in the first place other than that i just thought the pain was from deep penetration and hitting something, but intercourse is starting to get even more uncomfortable thanks for your consideration and any advice you might be able to give me I also feel nauseous off and on all the time
Your symptoms could be any number of things.  Unfortunately, that's the biggest problem with diagnosing Ovarian Cancer...there is no tell-tale sign that you have it.  However, as you said, given your age, it is highly unlikely that is the problem.  Benign cysts are a common occurance, and it is more likely that might be what's going on.  It might also be something gastrointestinal, although it angers me when doctors use the ole "IBS" diagnosis when they cannot find anything else.  I wish I had some sage advice for you, but you have already taken the first step in scheduling an appointment with your doctor.  Just be sure you do not let him/her blow you off!  You know something is not right with your body, so stand your ground until you get some answers.  Please come back and let us know what you find out after your appointment.  Good luck to you.

Gail
I have had a lot of these symptoms, especially painful sex.  I just had a laproscopy done, turns out I have endometriosis.  It can attach itself all over your organs and causes painful sex.  It can treated with different methods, birth control, Lupron or have it surgically removed.  Hope this helps get you closer to your answer