Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
ovarian cycst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

ovarian cycst
Hi, I had an ovarian cyst discovered on March 11 while I was in the hospital for something else.  I am 50 years old.  It took a while to get a gynecology appointment, and then they wanted to run tests and that took more time.   The gynecologist says it looks like endometrioma.  But he says there is a chance it is cancer because  my Ca-125 is low but borderline at 32.

I am referred to a oncologist. My appointment is 4/20.   I don't know when I can have surgery after that.

Should I worry that so much time is passing?  I thought these things have to be treated right away.
Hi There
please let us know what the gyn onc and you decided on.
I suspect the recommendation will be for surgical removal
best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker