Ovarian Cancer Community
ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

ovarian cyst

I am a 39 year old female experiencing low back and leg pain. I got an MRI to look at my right SI joint. They found the joint was fine but there was a 3cm cyst on my right ovary. I am scheduled to see a Gyn soon. My question is regarding the possibility of cancer. My family has been battling breast cancer with my mother since 2007. She has had 3 reoccurances. I heard there was a correlation between breast and ovarian cancer. Also, I had a partial hystorectomy 2 years ago because of fast growing/replicating pre-cancerous cells in my cervix. The final peice of the puzzle is that I have HPV. I know you can not give me a difinitive answer and I will be seeing a doctor in person soon...but I would love your insight about the probability of cancer vs a benign cyst. Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
An ovarian cyst of 3cm size is not very large and can be a benign one. However because of history of cancer in your family, a cautious approach is advisable. Tumour markers, CT scan and MRI may be done for further assessment and to determine the nature of the cyst. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Read this book Eating for Good Health by Lim Hin Fui PHD - father in law has prostrate cancer and after operation and live for 11 or 13 yrs with chemo and radiation. He got it when he was 60 yrs old.

Another Cancer is not a Disease by Andreas Moritz

Ayuverdic detox programme and coffee enema - can take care of cyst.
I have know of people using detox and change in diet and cyst just disappear.

Another stem cell supplement available in Malaysia (no intention selling to you - just sharing) Sharing from people with cancer 4th stage breast cancer and other tumour cases - recover for breast cancer.

My wife just diagnosed with stage 3A cancer and deciding what to do. I strongly disagreed with chemo but decision is my wife. My wife is taking stem cell supplemet and to decide whether to take chemo