ovarian cyst
I have a 3.7cm cyst on my left ovary. I've had an ultrasound, vaginal ultrasound and a MRI of the pelvic. they all said looked benign. My gyn dr. gave me a blood test it was called an OVA blood test which was slightly elevated so i was sent to an gyn-oncologist who wanted to do surgery to remove the cyst. i said ok. She had me get a release from my pulmonologist as i have COPD/emphysema. He said no to general anesthesia. so then the oncologist sent me for yet another vaginal ultra sound . my question is  Since i cant get cleared for surgery is there any other way to get it out.  i am 58 and i went through menopause when i was 50. the hot flashes stopped after a year but about 3 months ago i had a slight period and now have hot flashes again. Haven't had another period .please tell me what options i may have.  thank you .......

novsue  
Hi There
you could watch the cyst over time.If it doesn't change and isnot bothering you, you could leave it alone
if you decide on surgery, I would suggest removing both your ovaries so that you dont need to confront another cyst in the future
best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker