Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
ovaries not seen on ultrasound, tipped cervix, hip pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

My ovaries can not be seen on ultrasound, about a year before one could be seen (done at a diffarent imaging center and hurt real bad and had blood all over me after, was not on period). What can cause ovaries not being seen?

On the first ultrasound there was a 2.0 x 2.3 cm. anechoic lesion with some internal echoes in the right adnexal region consistent with a complex cyst.

Pain is so bad in right hip area now some days I can not get out of bed.

Have all the yuky symtoms (symptoms),bowel movements, 4 to 15 a day, soft broken dark brown pieces to frequent watery ones,chronic low back pain, sciatica on the other side,bloating, nausea, gas,.
All kinds of hormonal symptoms, 47 years old, still have monthly period. Have uterus and both ovaries some where. LOL

GAINING wieght,150 pounds in about 5 years!

Have all the symtoms (symptoms) of cushings and acromegaly but tests came back with slightly low cortisol and htch, when redone came back normal.

mid cycle brown spotting and severe dysplasia on pap, moderate on biopsies. HPV test negative.
Can spotting just be perimentalpause?

Cervix so tipped it is very hard for doctor to get pap. Was not like this a few years ago. Doctor said there is a spot on cervix bleeding.
What causes cervix to tip?

Cervix is to closed to get to uterus. Is there a reason this has hapened before menapause?

Is something growing in me moving everything around? It fells like there is!

hi There,
an ultrasound test uses sound waves ( originally developed as depth charges in the second world war) that ping against a solid structure and bounce back to the receiver. if something else is in the way that disperses the sound wave, it is not possible to see beyond the interference. in the abdomen, the biggest structure that gives interference is bowel gas. so if ovaries are not enlarged and there is gas in the way, sometimes they are not picked up on an ultrasound.

i usually do not worry too much if an ultrasound  report comes back saying an ovary or both ovaries not seen.

it sounds like you have a doctor who is carefully looking at you and checking you for unusual problems. the 40's are a time of many changes. the metabolism slows, people commonly gain weight in this decade, and there is the slow decline of ovarian function, which is called perimenopause.

Now if you had a cervical biopsy showing dysplasia, you need to talk to your doctor about the treatment plan. Dysplasia is a precancerous skin condition of the females genital tract. The cervix is the most common area to develop abnormal changes. the standard approach is to remove the abnormal spot of the cervix by a minor procedure called a LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision porcedure0 or cone biopsy.
please ask your doctor about these options. It does not matter if hpv was negative. All that is important is the finding of dysplasia.
best wishes
1 Comment
ive been go thru bad a few months coz my doctor found out that my cervix is close and no hole seen and he told me to go thru scan and go for surgery.