Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
ovary

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

ovary

Hello,i went and seen my ob doctor on friday,and he did a pap smear and ultra sound and said that my ovary is much bigger than my uterus,he showed me pictures,big black shadow,he said from the looks of it it's been there some time now,he has ordered me to go for a cat scan of my stomach and pelvis,and blood work on my count level...what are the chances of the cancer not have spreading it it has been there for that long? I am 40 years old,a mother of 2 and I'm scared to death.I am sick everday,nauseated,dizzy,i use to weigh 123 now I'm 101 finally as of friday,prior to that 97.3....Thank u very much.Dawn
Hi There
you have a great doctor who is really carefully checking you out.
you may need that ovary surgically removed. There is a small risk it is cancerous but most big cysts are benign.
I am sorry for your stress. But you are in good hands
please let us know what happens
best wishes