Ovarian Cancer Community
ovulation pain and spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

ovulation pain and spotting

Since I am on the watch and wait program, i was hoping some of you could help me.  I started the pill 14 days ago. Before this i was never on it. Yesterday I was having pain on the cyst that was on my kidney(small but there and hurting) I took some pain meds and it went away. Today i started having sharp pains in my vagina (The ovulation kinda pain) and about 5 hrs later I started to spot and now nothing. What does that mean?  I have never experienced this and every month its something new. Is this a cyst rupturing?  Also is it normal for you to feel this pain when ovulating?  This is crazy.  Last month i swear i ovulated for about 10 days than got my period on day 26.  The GYN wants to stop the ovulation to see what happens.  So what is supposed to happen besides the obvious (shrink the cyst)?

Just need some insight if you could help

Thank you so much

Angela
1 Comment
Angela,
   What you are experiencing sounds like break through bleeding/spotting.  This is totally normal when you start the pill.  As for the pain, I am not sure.  I do know that sometimes ovulating can be painful.  If you are still experiencing pain, please call your doctor.  Please let us know how things are doing.  Kasie