Ovarian Cancer Community
pelvic area?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

pelvic area?

Hi there. Two questions, is having a ca125 of 140 high and if it goes down to 106, is it a good sign?
Secondly, what area would the pelvic cover, especially if you are told it is approx 8cm x 6cm and is pressing on the rectum and causing the diahrroea and inflammation and pain on the lower right hand side?? Please advise.
Your symptoms sound like mine were when I had two ovarian dermoid cysts.  As someone here once said "anything that tickles the tummy will affect ca125.  If you are premenopausal, then the ca125 really isn't accurate.  Just remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  Hope this helps.
~Tascha
So what would the pelvic area cover? I have had radical hysterectomy - both ovaries removed along with womb due to a malignant tumour on my ovary which had spread with seeds throughout to various sites 20 years ago. So the ca140 that has gone done to 106 in the last month - could that indicate anything?  Sorry to be so persistent, its just that I have to go through the w/e not knowing what my ct scan was about it because the report didn't reach me when I went for my appointment yesterday and I now have to WAIT till monday. I do feel slightly anxious.  Please advise. Thanks
Your decreased ca125 is a good thing!  And yes, the area that you spoke of is the pelvic area.  I know that the waiting is tough, as we have all been down that road.  Just hang in there and we will wait with you.  Hope this helps.
~Tascha
The pelvic area on a CT is defined as the top of th pelvis bone thru the thru the bladder. You will see part of the small intestine, part of the large intestine, rectum, bladder, ovaries/uterus, the pelvic bones, some major vessels, and lymph nodes (if enarged). You of course would not have ovaries and uterus. It is obvious that the mass is not defined and sometimes a mass can arise from the peritoneal area or omentum(coverings of the abdominal and pelvic cavity). I know you are going to be in extreme fear until you find some answers. i wish you luck!!
Thank you for making it clearer to tellme.  You are a fabulous wealth of info!!!  I hope all is going well for you and that you are having a really great Friday (TGIF).
~Tascha
When you say the mass is not defined what does that mean?