Ovarian Cancer Community
period with ovarian cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

period with ovarian cancer?

I am 25 years old. I have never had a regular period. I started when I was 9 years old. The last time I actually had my period was 4 years ago. last month i was bleeding for 1 day then it stopped, i thought i was getting my period, i had the back pain and lower abdomian pain. now this month i started to bleed the same day i started last month, again pain in the lower right back and the lower right abdomin (abdomen). my sister died at 21 from ovarian cancer. i know i should go to the doctor, which i am working on it now, because i have no insurance and most places wont take you unless you do or if you have alot of money, my question is can you still have your period with ovarian cancer? my sister didnt have hers thats why im not sure if you do or not. my sister found out she had ovarian cancer right after she had her baby, which was 3 months premature. they did surgery and took  a tumor out of her then she only lived 6 months. i know i have a good chance of getting it but i am not sure if you can still have you period with it?????could the doctors have been wrong? could she of not had ovarian cancer? i just found out that there is something else called surcoma, which is mistakeing for ovarian cancer.
Please go to the Doctor or ER as soon as possible. I am not sure if Ovarian Cancer affects your period as I am an endometriosis sufferer. Please dont play around with your health. If you go to the ER I am almost sure they will not turn you away because of payment if your in pain..they could do an ultrasound and see what is going on.  I wish you good health!
It is very possible that ovca can attach women when regular period. I was dx Nov 06 with very normal period.  I would agree with gma718 that you go to ER to find out what's going on.  Best wish!

Peace

Jun
You don't know if you have ovarian cancer.  Having irregular periods for years is not a sign of ovarian cancer, but more than likely of an endocrine problem.  You need to see a Dr for a good exam to find out what exactly is going on with you and to be followed for ovarian cancer because of your sister.  It has been a long time, but I seem to remember having a heaviness and some abdominal pain when I got my period, and I didn't have any cysts.  Go to a local clinic and get a check up, your piece of mind depends upon it   good luck