Ovarian Cancer Community
phase 1 trial

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

phase 1 trial

Hi there, I posted a few weeks ago to say my Mum may be going on a trial as they were all out of options.  She started the trial yesterday. They are trying a combination of eribulin and capecitabine. As it's a phase 1 trial it's to establish a safe dose so she will be given the drugs in an increasing amount to see what the body can handle and the effect it has.  I will keep you all posted on her progress and any good news that comes from the trial. Please let me know if any of you have tried these forms of chemo before on their own, although I believe they were mostly used in breast cancer.
My love and best wishes, as always,  to all you strong women
jackie xx
Hey there.  Please give your mom a big "thank you" for being so courageous to try the unknown......I wish her the very best .......I hope they find the right dose for her really quick.
Peace.
dian
Thanks Dian,
She is one brave and positive lady so if anyone can do it she can!
take care
Jackie x