Ovarian Cancer Community
post-menopausal thickening of the endometrium

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am 65 years old and consider myself in excellent health (not overweight, excercise regularly, eat well, rarely sick). Recently I experienced a small amount of vaginal bleeding (maybe 3 panty liners over a two day period). Yesterday, I had a D & C, hysteroscopy and myomectamy following a trans-vaginal pelvic ultrasound the day before which revealed I had at least two uterine fibroids and my endometrial stripe had increased from a 6 in April, 2007 to a 13 (in December, 2007). Now I am waiting for the pathology report.
I have not taken any estrogen replacement therapy for at least five years. I do take many vitamins and some herbs prescribed for me by my Chinese acupuncturist.
Are there any known herbs that can increase the stripe? Is it possible that this number does not indicate endometrial cancer? If so, what other conditions could the thickened endometrium identity?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Try the Gynecology patient to patient or Doctor to patient forum, they may be able to answer your question, we are best at ovarian cancer
Sorry to say that the thickened lining in my case (17mm) turned out to be a symptom of uterine carcinosarcoma.  I also had little bits of vaginal bleeding but foolishly went to my internist, who cautioned me to see my gyn if the spotting occurred again.  That was several months later.  so by the time I saw the gyn, had the songram, had the d&c, got the initial dx and then was referred to a gy/onc surgeon, my surgery was 7 months since I was aware of the spotting.  Since this is a fast growing cancer, I might have had a much better staging than 3C had I gone immediately to my gyn.  
Good luck.  I hope that you do ok
I just had the post-menopausal bleeding 2 weeks before Thanksgiving ...like you, it was just a litttle, but since I had no bleeding for almost 2 years I was concerned..One Pap, followed by a D & C later and much research on the net has shown me that this is a classic symptom of uterine cancer.. I consider it a blessing that I started the bleeding..It took approx. 1 week to get the path report (Endometrial endocarcinoma)   Fast forward... I have my hysterectomy scheduled for 3 wks from now.  
Best of luck to you.