Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
potential parasite vs ovarian issue

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

potential parasite vs ovarian issue

Hi-

I'm 28 and just returned 3 weeks ago from 6 week trip in SE Asia. I'm wondering if my symptoms are possibly just caused by a parasite, or could indicate an ovarian problem. I've had extreme bloating, and get very full after even a small meal. My pants fit very tightly around my waist and I've gained about 4 lbs, though I'm a competitive athlete and am training as much as ever and eating less, due to the fullness. About 2 months ago, before I left for my trip, I thought I was developing a UTI, and painful & urgent urination became a problem while I was away- though I attributed this to poor hygenic conditions (I was in the mountains camping), and the urination pain has been infrequent since I've been home. I have pretty regular abdominal cramping, usually on the lower left side. One day I was crampy on both sides, and it really felt similar to when I was an egg donor and my ovaries were quite large. This is before I knew that any of these symptoms could actually indicate an ovarian problem- I was still just thinking maybe I had giardia or something. I'm concerned because I was an egg donor about 3 years ago, and developed ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, and worry that this puts me at higher risk for ovarian cancer. Most of the parasites I've read about seem to cause weight loss, not bloating and weight gain. Should I be getting checked out for an ovarian issue?

Thank you for your time.
Hi There,

Thank you for your question. I would suggest that you see your doctor for a full evaluation. You may be right; travel can cause alot of body upset. However, you need to be examined. you should have a urine sent to check for infection. You should also have stool sent for parasites. Finally a pelvic ultrasound is a quick and easy way to look for ovarian cysts or fluid in the abdomen.

There is no information to suggest that ovarian hyper stimulation puts you at risk for ovarian cancer. the data on increased risk of ovarian cancer and ovulation induction is in women with a known history of infertility who probably had something wrong with their ovaries to start .
take care
I would suggest you also get checked by a naturopath and start an intense cleansing program. If you have been eating any fish in Asia even particularly sushi you probably have picked up a parasite.
I learned 8 years ago what having parasites in the system can do to the body. I experienced it first hand. It took 3 months on drnatura's colonix program a change in my eating habits to turn me around. I was a medical mess before. I now use colonix once a year and sometimes 2x. It has helped me maintain my health.

I found the link below an eye opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoDJuO1idvI

Keep us up to date about your progress. Good luck and I wish you good health!
A related discussion, parasite cleansing was started.