recurrent pleural effusion
Just recently found out that my Mom has melignant pleural effusion.  Its been tapped 3 times in the past three weeks, doctors are talking about putting a tube in, ok, standard procedure.  What is the prognosis on this new finding? Everything I read online is saying the findings of melignant pleural effusion means 3-6 months to live.  My Mom was dx 2005 stage 3c, everything has been ok, stable, until the effusion was found during a xray after gallbladder removal surgery 2 months ago. She is released from the hospital tomorrow and is having her 2nd doxil treatment on friday.  She was at the hospital for an endoscopy ERCP, after abdominal pain that was related to the gallbladder surgery.  Any advice is great to keep my nervous at ease.

Thank you
Fiana
I read about mitroxantone being an effective treatment for this.  The study I read said there was about an 80% response to this drug to treat the pleural effusion secondary to ovca.  Marie
I have the same problem.  The hope is that the chemo will help dry up the fluid.  We shall see...
Sharon