Ovarian Cancer Community
scared out of my mind

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

scared out of my mind

I am 51 three grown kids no hist of OVCA on maternal side don't know about paternal, I have been having frequent urination for about a year or more, off and on been getting worse lately, two weeks ago I got what I thought was a UTI never had one, pressure in my bladder all the time, two UTI blood tests neg for bac but with protien, trace blood. now doctor wants to send me for internal sono to look for ovarain cancer. I have been reading endlessly online and I am pretty sure it must be ovarian cancer, I also have occational lower back pain and last spring started having a small numb spot on my upper left thigh, (maybe from tumor)? I understand that at my age menopausal or post, that is is unlikeley to be benign. although I don't have any of the other symptoms there is nothing else that I can think of, and I know that if it is, it is in the bad stage from letting it go so long. Sorry but I am a mess!! you guys sound so caring on here, please can you give me any encouragement / hope, I go to dr tomorrow and find out when my sono is,
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Frequent urination and pressure on the bladder does not necessarily mean ovarian cancer. Hence you should maintain your calm and go in for an examination and ultrasonography which will help make matters clear.
Hope this helps.
It natural to be scared, and it's best at this point to stop reading the internet.  That just fuels your terror at this point.  Get your sonogram at this point to see #1 if there are any ovarian tumors at all.  You may also want to ask for a CT Scan and a CA125 test.

Please keep us updated.

Jane
I am new here, and could really use some words of advice. I am so anxious i cant sleep. I had a total hysterectomy 6 years ago. over the past year ive had increasing pain, bloating, bladder issues, had a ultrasound showing a 9.0 x 7.2 x 4.6 cm mass left pelvis, could be from regenerating ovarian remnant. what does all this mean
So just wondering what happened with your sonogram?
I was going to add that there are definitely other reasons people have your symptoms- I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be fibroids. Fortunately I was diagnosed with another condition a few years later for which I took a medication that had the side benefit of shrinking the fibroids so no other intervention was necessary. Hope your news was on the positive side . . .