secondary ovarian cancer in liver
what is the likelihood of further metasis in liver or other organs from a secondary ovarian cancer. my mother has  had chemo twice for ovarian cancer. her ultrasounds now show an ill defined hypoechoic lesion measuring 18mm X 12 mm in the caudate lobe. This is besides another cystic lesion in the pelvis, measuring 10.7 x 10.6 x 11.8 cm with volume of 704 cc containing  a solid component of 24 x 23 mm. she also has pains in her left leg . doctor says no evidence f bone metasis.

what is the possible next location of metasis in her case.
You might want to post that question on the Doctors forum.  Ovarian cancer generally stays in the abdominal area, but metastases to the liver and lungs are not uncommon.  Good luck to you and your mom.
Jan

My mum had stage 3 OVCA march 2005, reoccured 4 weeks ago with a mass in the liver. It is a small mass and there is no other cancer anywhere else.

Any more questions just ask.......