Ovarian Cancer Community
sharp shooting pains in stomach and pelvic area(help)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I have been having really sharp-shooting pains throughout my stomach (just below belly button) and in my pelvic area. It hurts to walk too fast or sit certain ways, and I am having a hard time getting comfortable to sleep. I am scared. I went for ultrasound and won't find out results till Monday. Anybody have these symptoms? What are your thoughts?

My family doc. said I may have scar tissue from when they tied my tubes. But OBGYN didn't say what he thought Just been running tests.

Any help would be great.

Erika
I have been fealing the same pain I also went for an ultra sound and nothing showed up. now at this moment i am haveing a pain and it has lasted all day
Not sure if this will help you or not, but I have also started have blood with my bowl. Not a whole lot, but enough to worry. My doctor sent me to a specialist and I am now scheduled for a colonoscopy next Thursday. There is something called ulcerative colitis, and it can casue pain in pelic area and stomach cramps along with some other symptoms. May be something to mention to Dr. or to look up and see how you feel.

Good luck!
erika
my nephew has ulcerative colitis and it started with severe diarreah (diarrhea) and blood in his stool and pain in the right side below the ribs..I have two ovarian cyst ,one 5cm and the other 3.4 and they cause alot of shooting pains and like spasms and heaviness like something is falling out of you, so you might wanna ask for a ultrasound..
I have been having similar pains that last anywhere from 5 - 25 mins.  When I get these pains I cannot move and must lie down.  I am unable to sit since this increases the pain.  None of my doctors can say what it is but I inserted a mirena coil about 3 yrs ago and the pains developed since then although I only get the pains every few weeks or so, usually before my period starts.  I have been examined and everything appears to be fine. Any one else notice a similar pattern?
I have had problems with my left side as well, down in the crease of the left leg and close to my belly button.  Can't lay on the left or right side, or on my stomach without it hurting, and it seems to come just around when I about to have my period.  the pain is so intense.  Ultra sounds came back fine, sonograms, both pelvic and T/V they came back good.  So very confused.  Does anyone have familiar syptoms (symptoms)??  

Dawn
I have the same pains!!! like they are so sharp and hurt so bad. im only 18 and i was walking to class today and i had to stop because i couldn't move, i just wanted to cry.my pains only last like 5-15 seconds but they are really bad and i just started my period yesterday, it always seems to happen around my period too. I don't know what to do if i should just take it or go to the student health center.
hey i dont if this is anything 2 do with it but had abortion alst year n went on injection 4 6months then early this year went on the pill and since then bin gettin a sharp pain week b4 my peirod in my right side.. and recently been gettin pains all over and in the top of my legs ! am only 17! help ?
Somehow your question ended up on a very old post and on the wrong forum for this Medical site.

I suggest that you go to the home page for MedHelp.org to find the forum for the Woman's Health forum.

A quick piece of advice if you want to get help with your question: Please spell out all of your words rather than abbreviate. I personally have never sent a text message (well....one time. That's it) and when you write on a forum, many of the readers may not be familiar with "Texting" types of messages and your question might get ignored. In fact, it is a rule on many of the health boards to not use Texting text...hope that makes sense.

Hope you get your question answered and hopefully you have called your doctor in the meantime.

I have had these pains for over a year, as well as pain during and after sex. I have been treated by many doctors and none of them came up with anything. My mom had endometriosis, and had an ovary removed when she was in her early twenties, since i am young as well, 18, they thought this was my problem, but ultrasound came back clear, birth control has not helped the pain, and everyone tells me they can't do anything for me. I also feel the urge to urinate very often, and oftentimes i try to without success.
It sounds like you have either a bladder infection, or an STD.  I would get it checked out.  The doctors can give you a type of medicine(antibiotic)or something of the sort to get rid of a bladder infection, but if you have an std, you might only get a treatment drug to ease symptoms,or it might be something they can get rid of.  it really just depends on the diognosis you receive by the doctor.  weather it is small or big, all of you please get checked out by your doctor to insure your are and continue to be healthy and well.  Good luck all.
The original post for this is almost 4 years ago.  Please check the dates before answering a post .