Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
should I get a hysterectomy?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

should I get a hysterectomy?

2 years ago I went to a walk in with abdominal pain. Since it was on the right side the walk in doctor sent me to the emergency room thinking it could have been my appendix. After ultrasound it was shown to be a bleeding ovarian cyst. They set me up w an appointment with a surgical gynocologist. After exam he recommended surgery. I went in 2 weeks later. When I woke up I was told the ovarian cyst was no longer there, but he removed a softball sized amount of endometreosis. I felt better for about the first year. Well then the pain started coming back. I returned to him and he did a pap exam, and put me on the mini pill. Also had another transvaginal ultrasound. A few days later he called me to tell me my pap came back severely abnormal and he wanted me in asap for a colposcopy. I just had the colposcopy on Monday and won't get the results back until next week. But he showed me the test resuots that said severe dysplasia. Would this warrant a hysterectomy? I was diagnosed w hpv at 22 also. I figure I am almost 32 now, and have my 4 beautiful children and had a tubal years ago. I am tired from dealing with all thesefemale issues on top of my other medical issues (I have syringomyelia that causes me enough pain as it is). Ro you think a hysterectomy is a good option? I don't want to keep having to go in for surgery every couple years. Thanks.
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There:
Indications for hysterectomy include but are not limited to:

1.cancer
2.precancerous conditions such as cervical dysplasia and endometrial hyperplasia
3.pain, uncontrolled by medical management
4.bleeding, uncontrolled by medical management
5. symptomatic fibroid uterus
6. severe endometriosis, uncontrolled by medical management

It sounds like it would be reasonable for you to chat with your doctor about the option of a hysterectomy.
I hope all works out for you
best wishes

7. uterine prolapse
8 pelvic inflammatory disease
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment